Thursday, November 15, 2012

Some Things I Am Thankful For

Now that I am up and running again - here are some recent pictures I took.  Also, many of these pictures show a few of the things I am thankful for:

 Nancy Hale came from Texas to do research with me on her Roberson family from Martin County.  My husband, Mike, is her third cousin.  Uncle J. T. is her second cousin once removed.  I corresponded with her through Ancestry.Com.  When she was in the area, she came to visit us!  How cool - meeting new relatives!!!
 I am thankful for my granddaughters, Madison and Bri.  Here they are dressed up for Halloween as 80's Girls!  So, I told them "You dressed up like your Mom!" who was a real life 80s girl!
 I love to craft and am very thankful to have met Sharon Stewart, Debbie Powell and others who have helped me learn all sorts of new skills!  I am thankful for all the crafts I have made for my home.  This Santa was finished by me last night!
 Accidental Artist is a fun place to visit!  I painted this pitcher there!  Also, I am thankful for the friends that I have met there and all the nice staff that help me paint : )
 A penny mat that I made at Sharon's home
 Another Sharon design - I had to learn to quilt (Debbie Powell was my teacher for quilting) in order to put these Calendar Girls together in a quilt!!
 One of my first pieces.  A pattern from Sharon.
 After meeting with Nancy Hale - we discovered Smithwick Creek Primitive Baptist in Martin County.  So, a couple of Saturdays ago Mike and I went searching for it!  It was built in 1803.  Uncle J. T. said that his dad, Henry Hodges, use to attend church there.  I am thankful that we have freedom of religion in the US!
 The Baptismal that was moved to the church site to avoid flooding.


 A picture of part of our farm in Washington.  I am thankful for being able to grow a garden and spend time outside because of our farm.  I, also, love the area and being among so many of Mike's relatives!
Mike planted this pine tree the year after we were married.  I am thankful for my wonderful husband of 40 years!

Hope all of you have many things to be thankful for, also!

No comments:

Post a Comment