Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quilting

I am part of a quilting group that meets in Raleigh once a month.  We try to complete four blocks each month (homework) and bring them back for show and tell.

All of us bring Civil War reproduction material to share.  It is always fun to pick out our color combinations.  I love seeing all the different fabric and making my selections each month.  Since we all pick different materials, all of our blocks look different.  The blocks have names - but I change them to suit my block.  For instance, I call one of my blocks "Dead Flower" as the purple colors have a lot of brown in them.  Therefore, I think my flower is past its prime.  Anyway (!) - it is fun and we have a great group of ladies that meet every month.

When we finish, we will have 83 blocks.  It is a "mystery quilt" since we do not know what the entire quilt will look like when we are through making all the blocks.

However, Sharon Stewart, is so far ahead of most of us, we are beginning to get a better idea.

Here are the four blocks I finished last month:




Since we are in "Pirate Country," I tend to use more purples and yellow/golds than the other ladies.  Therefore, I often have some unusual color combinations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment