Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nature at Play

I have been part of a scrapbooking group at St. James UMC that has been "Scrapbooking My Spiritual Journey."  During the class, we had talked about God's creativity.

I love the fact that God loves variety in nature and that is why He gave us many different types of landscapes (that is what I like to think anyway!!!)  He, also, has a sense of humor and that is why He made things like porcupines, cactus, blow fish, etc.  I feel sure a scientist could come up with a variety of reasons for porcupines, cactus and the like, but to me it is all about God's handiwork.

Anyway, after the class, I said goodbye to the other ladies and walked to my car.  My car was parked at the far end of the lot near the grassy area.  It is a large area - where the Boy Scouts somethings camp, the youth play, and we setup for our Spring Fling in April.

We were in the twilight time of day and it was a little cooler than the past few weeks.  As I approached my car, I saw the most beautiful sight!  Dozens of dragonflies where surrounding my car and the area in front of it.

I tried to call to the other ladies to "come see!" these dragonflies at play.  However, they had already left.  So, I stood there a while and watched them swoop down and fly in circles.  I had never seen so many dragonflies together and thought how wonderful that they would put on a show just for me!

If I go again tonight, I wonder if they will come out to play again?


    

No comments:

Post a Comment