Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!

My two Chinese friends from ECU, invited us over today for authentic Chinese food that they made for us.  Also, they played a video that one of them had taped showing the celebration at ECU on Sunday to celebrate Chinese New Year.  Unlike us, here in the US, their celebration runs for many days.

They, also, told me that this is the Year of the Snake  - a very good year - since the snake is smart and powerful.  I thought 2012 was good, since it was the Year of the Dragon.  However, I was informed that though the Dragon is powerful the Snake is much smarter, therefore, he has more power.  I hope they are right and that we have an awesome 2013!

sf2013_082.jpg

This is a picture of one of the young participants at the festivities on Sunday.  Sam told me that the long sleeves are very typical of "costumes" from Tibet.

No comments:

Post a Comment