Thursday, April 11, 2013

Alpaca Day

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit an alpaca farm here in Pitt County.  Heidi, the owner, showed us around, gave us a history lesson and told us how alpacas came to be in the US.  She, also, told us a little about the alpaca and their personalities.

My husband, Mike, was interested but so ready to go into the fence to visit Heidi's alpacas!  Soon, he was leading Mordecai around the pen!  I like animals from a distance, but I got brave and walked around with Mordecai (the head alpaca!), too.



Heidi gave us a lesson on needle felting using alpaca fiber - and I loved doing it!  So, I have already started a project using some of the fiber from Heidi's alpacas.

Heidi's farm is called Celestine Ridge and is great to visit!  However, you need to give her a call first - 252-753-5751.

No comments:

Post a Comment