Monday, March 17, 2014

More 2013 Quilts!

Undergroung Railroad Quilt I made for me in 2013

Close up of embroidery for the Christmas Countdown Quilt I made at Sharon Stewart's class

Same quilt as above - Laura Suich finished it on her long-arm

Close up of embroidery I did on second quilt - Countdown to Christmas.


I haven't got the quilt top finished yet, but the first quilt went so fast, that I finished this top in 2013, too!!!

I hand quilted this Acorn Fairy Quilt Mat.  This is a Sharon Stewart design.


New Project for 2014 - Needle Felting

Same project as above.

This is a mat of my own creation!

I plan to add a little "crab" - a symbol of Washington, NC

2 comments:

  1. Morning Debby,
    Goodness all those beautiful quilts!!!
    Such ambition you have - I find when I look at quilts I see 'work' - I only wish I had the patience and know how to make one.
    Yours are so fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comments! This past weekend I realized I had made even more quilts than I gave away as presents. So, I decided I needed to show those on my blog, too. My husband helps a lot around the house or I would not have been able to complete. The two Countdown to Christmas quilts were pieced together on two separate days at Sharon Stewart's home (however, I did the embroidery prior to going.) I enjoy embroidery and find that peaceful to do while my hubby watches tv. Two quilts were tops I purchased and finished. Only two quilts were a little tedious, but they were BOM's so that kept me on target. All of this to let you know, that I find ways to quilt so it doesn't seem like "work!" Since I work full time, I do need for the process to be fun.

    ReplyDelete